- The act of abjuring; a renunciation upon oath, or with great solemnity or strong asseveration: as, to take an oath of <em>abjuration</em>; an <em>abjuration</em> of heresy.
- The act of abjuring or forswearing; a renunciation upon oath.
- A solemn recantation or renunciation.
- an oath asserting the right of the present royal family to the crown of England, and expressly abjuring allegiance to the descendants of the Pretender.
- The act of <xref>abjuring</xref>.
- a disavowal or taking back of a previous assertion