- To gain possession of.
- To get by one's own efforts.
- To gain through experience; come by.
- To locate (a target) with an aiming device or a tracking system, such as radar.
- To get or gain, the object being something which is more or less permanent, or which becomes vested or inherent in the subject: as, to <internalXref urlencoded="acquire">acquire</internalXref> a title, estate, learning, habits, skill, dominion, etc.; to <em>acquire</em> a stammer; sugar <em>acquires</em> a brown color by being burned.
- To gain, usually by one's own exertions; to get as one's own.
- To <xref>get</xref>.
- To <xref>gain</xref>, usually by one's own <xref>exertions</xref>; to get as one's own, as, to acquire a title, riches, knowledge, skill, good or bad habits.
- win something through one's efforts
- take on a certain form, attribute, or aspect
- gain knowledge or skills
- come into the possession of something concrete or abstract
- come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes)
- locate (a moving entity) by means of a tracking system such as radar
- gain through experience