- One who acquires.
- A person who acquires.
- a person who <xref>acquires</xref>
- the financial institution that dispenses cash in automated teller machines and collects a fee from the bank that issued the credit card
- a credit card processing bank; merchants receive credit for credit card receipts less a processing fee
- a person who acquires something (usually permanently)
- a corporation gaining financial control over another corporation or financial institution through a payment in cash or an exchange of stock