- Sufficient to satisfy a requirement or meet a need. <i>synonym</i>: <strong> sufficient</strong>.
- Equal to requirement or occasion; commensurate; fully sufficient, suitable, or fit: as, means <em>adequate</em> to the object; an <em>adequate</em> comparison.
- To make equal or adequate.
- To attain equality with; equal.
- Equal to some requirement; proportionate, or correspondent; fully sufficient
- To equalize; to make adequate.
- To equal.
- Equal to some requirement; proportionate, or correspondent; fully <xref>sufficient</xref>; as, powers adequate to a great work; an adequate definition lawfully and physically sufficient.
- To <xref>equalize</xref>; to make adequate.
- To <xref>equal</xref>.
- having the requisite qualities or resources to meet a task
- sufficient for the purpose
- about average; acceptable