- To be next to; be contiguous to.
- To attach.
- To be contiguous.
- To join on or add; unite; annex or append.
- To be contiguous to or in contact with: as, his house <em>adjoins</em> the lake; a field <em>adjoining</em> the lawn.
- To be contiguous; lie or be next, or in contact: with <em>to</em>: as, “a farm <em>adjoining to</em> the highway,” <em>Blackstone.</em> To approach; join.
- To join or unite to; to lie contiguous to; to be in contact with; to attach; to append.
- To lie or be next, or in contact; to be contiguous.
- To join one's self.
- To be in contact or <xref>connection</xref> with.
- To extend an algebraic object (e.g. a field, a ring, etc.) by adding to it (an element not belonging to it) and all finite power series of (the element).
- lie adjacent to another or share a boundary
- be in direct physical contact with; make contact
- attach or add