- The act of postponing or deferring.
- The act of discontinuing a meeting of a public or private body or the transaction of any business until a fixed date or indefinitely. The period during which a public body adjourns its sittings: as, during an <em>adjournment</em> of six weeks.
- The act of adjourning; the putting off till another day or time specified, or without day.
- The time or interval during which a public body adjourns its sittings or postpones business.
- The state of being <xref>adjourned</xref>.
- The action of <xref>adjourning</xref>.
- the act of postponing to another time or place
- the termination of a meeting