- To make a decision (in a legal case or proceeding), as where a judge or arbitrator rules on some disputed issue or claim between the parties.
- To study and settle (a dispute or conflict).
- To act as a judge of (a contest or an aspect of a contest).
- To make a decision in a legal case or proceeding.
- To study and settle a dispute or conflict.
- To act as a judge of a contest.
- To adjudge; pronounce judgment upon; award judicially.
- To sit in judgment; give a judicial decision: with <em>upon</em>: as, the court <em>adjudicated upon</em> the case.
- To adjudge; to try and determine, as a court; to settle by judicial decree.
- To come to a judicial decision.
- To <xref>settle</xref> a legal case or other dispute.
- To act as a <xref>judge</xref>.
- bring to an end; settle conclusively
- put on trial or hear a case and sit as the judge at the trial of