- To command or enjoin solemnly, as under oath.
- To appeal to or entreat earnestly.
- To charge, bind, or command, earnestly and solemnly, often with an appeal to God or the invocation of a curse in case of disobedience; hence, to entreat or request earnestly: as, “I <em>adjure</em> thee by the living God,” Mat. xxvi. 63; his friend <em>adjured</em> him to be careful.
- To swear by: as, to <internalXref urlencoded="adjure">adjure</internalXref> the holy name of God.
- To charge, bind, or command, solemnly, as if under oath, or under the penalty of a curse; to appeal to in the most solemn or impressive manner; to entreat earnestly.
- To issue a formal command, especially in a legal context.
- To earnestly appeal or advise.
- ask for or request earnestly
- command solemnly