• In <em>hardware</em>, any appliance used to regulate the movement of a blind, sash, hitching-strap, shaft, or other moving object in a wagon, house, etc.: as, a casement-<em>adjuster</em>, a pole-<em>adjuster</em>, a window-stop <em>adjuster.</em>
  • In <em>insurance</em>, an officer of an insurance company whose duty is to determine the amount to be paid under a policy of insurance when a partial loss has been sustained.
  • A person who adjusts; that which regulates.
  • One who, or that which, adjusts.
  • an insurance agent who examines claims against personal or property damage insurance policies and makes estimates and recommendations regarding the amount which should be paid to the policyholder.
  • One who <xref>adjusts</xref>, especially for the <xref>insurance</xref> industry's employment title "<xref>claims adjuster</xref>."
  • one who investigates insurance claims or claims for damages and recommends an effective settlement
powered by