- An axlike tool with a curved blade at right angles to the handle, used for shaping wood.
- A cutting-tool somewhat like an ax, but having the blade placed at right angles to the handle and formed to a curve nearly corresponding to its sweep through the air when in use.
- To chip or shape with an adz: as, to <internalXref urlencoded="adz">adz</internalXref> logs or timber.
- A carpenter's or cooper's tool, formed with a thin arching blade set at right angles to the handle. It is used for chipping or slicing away the surface of wood.
- To cut with an adz.
- Alternative spelling of <xref>adze</xref>.
- an edge tool used to cut and shape wood