- To affect with great wonder; astonish. <i>synonym</i>: <strong> surprise</strong>.
- To bewilder; perplex.
- To cause great wonder or astonishment.
- Amazement; wonder.
- Astonishment; confusion; perplexity arising from fear, surprise, or wonder; amazement: used chiefly in poetry.
- To confound with fear, sudden surprise, or wonder; confuse; perplex.
- To strike with astonishment, surprise, or wonder; astonish; surprise: as, you <em>amaze</em> me; I was <em>amazed</em> to find him there.
- <strong>Synonyms</strong> <em>Surprise, Astonish</em>, etc. (see <internalXref urlencoded="surprise">surprise</internalXref>); to confound, stagger, stupefy, dumfound.
- To wonder; he amazed.
- To be astounded.
- Bewilderment, arising from fear, surprise, or wonder; amazement.
- To bewilder; to stupefy; to bring into a maze.
- To confound, as by fear, wonder, extreme surprise; to overwhelm with wonder; to astound; to astonish greatly.
- be a mystery or bewildering to
- affect with wonder