- To dissect (an animal or other organism) to study the structure and relation of the parts.
- To analyze (something) in minute detail.
- To dissect, as a plant or an animal, for the purpose of showing the position, structure, and relation of the parts; display the anatomy of.
- Figuratively, to analyze or examine minutely; consider point by point.
- In <em>chem.</em>, to make an analysis of.
- To practise the art of dissection; pursue anatomy as an employment, a science, or an art.
- Also spelled <internalXref urlencoded="anatomise">anatomise</internalXref>.
- To dissect; to cut in pieces, as an animal vegetable body, for the purpose of displaying or examining the structure and use of the several parts.
- To discriminate minutely or carefully; to analyze.
- To <xref>inspect</xref> or <xref>investigate</xref> by <xref>dissection</xref>.
- To <xref>scrutinize</xref> down to the most <xref>minute</xref> <xref>detail</xref>.
- analyze down to the smallest detail
- dissect in order to analyze