- An antiquarian.
- Pertaining to antiquity; ancient; antiquarian.
- One versed in the knowledge of ancient things; a student or collector of antiquities: sometimes used in the sense of <internalXref urlencoded="arch%C3%A6ologist">archæologist</internalXref>. See <internalXref urlencoded="antiquarianism">antiquarianism</internalXref>.
- A dealer in old books, coins, objects of art, and similar articles.
- An official custodian of antiquities. This title was bestowed by Henry VIII. upon Leland, his chaplain and librarian, 1533.
- Pertaining to antiquity.
- One devoted to the study of ancient times through their relics, as inscriptions, monuments, remains of ancient habitations, statues, coins, manuscripts, etc.; one who searches for and studies the relics of antiquity.
- A person who is <xref>knowledgeable</xref> of, or who <xref>collects</xref> <xref>antiques</xref>; an <xref>antiquarian</xref>.
- an expert or collector of antiquities