- A state of uneasiness and apprehension, as about future uncertainties.
- A cause of anxiety.
- A state of apprehension, uncertainty, and fear resulting from the anticipation of a realistic or fantasized threatening event or situation, often impairing physical and psychological functioning.
- Eager, often agitated desire.
- The apprehension caused by danger, misfortune, or error; concern or solicitude respecting some event, future or uncertain; disturbance, uneasiness of mind, or care, occasioned by trouble.
- In <em>pathology</em>, a state of restlessness and agitation, with general indisposition, and a distressing sense of oppression at the epigastrium.
- Concern or solicitude respecting some thing or event, future or uncertain, which disturbs the mind, and keeps it in a state of painful uneasiness.
- Eager desire.
- A state of restlessness and agitation, often with general indisposition and a distressing sense of oppression at the epigastrium.
- An <xref>unpleasant</xref> state of mental <xref>uneasiness</xref>, <xref>nervousness</xref>, <xref>apprehension</xref> and <xref>obsession</xref> or <xref>concern</xref> about some uncertain event.
- An uneasy or distressing <xref>desire</xref> (for something).
- A state of restlessness and agitation, often accompanied by a distressing sense of oppression or tightness in the stomach.
- a vague unpleasant emotion that is experienced in anticipation of some (usually ill-defined) misfortune
- (psychiatry) a relatively permanent state of worry and nervousness occurring in a variety of mental disorders, usually accompanied by compulsive behavior or attacks of panic