- A board pulled over the water by a motorboat and ridden by a person standing up.
- To ride on such a board.
- A <xref>board</xref> ridden by a standing person and pulled by a <xref>motorboat</xref> for entertainment
- to ride such a board
- For a car or similar vehicle to slide along the road on a thin film of <xref>water</xref> between the <xref>road</xref> and the <xref>tyres</xref>. This occurs when a car has some speed and comes to somewhere with more water on the road than the weight of the car and the grooves in the tyre tread pattern (if any) can push away. The result is almost no <xref>traction</xref> at all for steering or braking.
- a board that is pulled by a speedboat as a person stands on it and skims over the top of the water
- ride on an aquaplane
- rise up onto a thin film of water between the tires and road so that there is no more contact with the road