- A tank, bowl, or other water-filled enclosure in which living fish or other aquatic animals and plants are kept.
- A place for the public exhibition of live aquatic animals and plants.
- An artificial pond, cistern, or place in a garden or elsewhere for cultivating aquatic plants.
- A vessel or series of vessels, constructed chiefly of glass, filled with either fresh or salt water, and supplied with plants, rocks, etc., in which living aquatic animals are kept.
- An artificial pond, or a globe or tank (usually with glass sides), in which living specimens of aquatic animals or plants are kept.
- A <xref>tank</xref>, often made of <xref>glass</xref>, for keeping live <xref>fish</xref> or other aquatic animals.
- A public place where live fish and other aquatic animals are <xref>exhibited</xref>.
- a tank or pool or bowl filled with water for keeping live fish and underwater animals