- A process of etching capable of producing several tones by varying the etching time of different areas of a copper plate so that the resulting print resembles the flat tints of an ink or wash drawing.
- An etching made by this process.
- An etching process by which prints imitating the broad flat tints of India ink, bister, or sepia drawings are produced.
- An engraving executed by the aquatint process.
- Also <internalXref urlencoded="aquatinta">aquatinta</internalXref>.
- Pertaining to this method of etching.
- To etch in aquatint.
- to etch in aquatint.
- A kind of etching in which spaces are bitten by the use of aqua fortis, by which an effect is produced resembling a drawing in water colors or India ink; also, the engraving produced by this method.
- A form of <xref>etching</xref> with <xref>acid</xref> on a <xref>plate</xref> partially covered with <xref>varnish</xref> that produces a <xref>print</xref> somewhat resembling a <xref>watercolour</xref>.
- An etching or print made using this method.
- To make such etchings.
- etch in aquatint
- a method of etching that imitates the broad washes of a water color
- an etching made by a process that makes it resemble a water color