- A ballet position executed while standing on one straight leg with the arm extended forward and the other arm and leg extended backward.
- A complex, ornate design of intertwined floral, foliate, and geometric figures.
- An ornate, whimsical composition especially for piano.
- An intricate or elaborate pattern or design.
- In the fashion of or formed as an arabesque.
- To enrich with ornament in arabesque.
- Arabian or resembling the Arabian in style; specifically, in <em>art</em>, relating to or exhibiting the variety of ornament known as arabesque. See II.
- A kind of ornament of a capricious and fanciful character, consisting of lines, geometrical figures, fruits, flowers, foliage, etc., variously combined and grouped, and painted, inlaid, or wrought in low relief: used especially for the decoration of walls and ceilings, but also for the decoration of objects of any nature.
- In <em>bookbinding</em>, a term used in England for impressed ornamental work on the side of the binding, produced by the pressure of hot plates or rollers upon which the pattern is engraved.
- Also spelled <internalXref urlencoded="arabesk">arabesk</internalXref>.
- A style of ornamentation either painted, inlaid, or carved in low relief. It consists of a pattern in which plants, fruits, foliage, etc., as well as figures of men and animals, real or imaginary, are fantastically interlaced or put together.
- Relating to, or exhibiting, the style of ornament called <ex>arabesque</ex>.
- An <xref>elaborate</xref> <xref>design</xref> of <xref>intertwined</xref> <xref>floral</xref> <xref>figures</xref> or <xref>complex</xref> <xref>geometrical</xref> <xref>patterns</xref>. This <xref>ornamental</xref> design is mainly used in <xref>Islamic</xref> <xref>Art</xref> and <xref>architecture</xref>.
- An <xref>ornate</xref> <xref>composition</xref>, especially for the <xref>piano</xref>.
- A <xref>dance</xref> position in which the <xref>dancer</xref> stands on one leg, with the other raised backwards, and the arms outstretched.
- position in which the dancer has one leg raised behind and arms outstretched in a conventional pose
- an ornament that interlaces simulated foliage in an intricate design