- With a sidelong glance.
- To or out at the corner or angle of the eye; obliquely; toward one side; not in the straight line of vision; askance; furtively.
- In the condition of squinting; oblique.
- With the eye directed to one side; not in the straight line of vision; obliquely; awry, so as to see distortedly.
- Looking <xref>sideways</xref>, as though warily.
- In a manner with <xref>narrowed</xref> <xref>eyes</xref>.
- (used especially of glances) directed to one side with or as if with doubt or suspicion or envy