- Loss of the ability to coordinate muscular movement.
- In <em>pathology</em>, irregularity in the functions of the body or in the course of a disease; specifically, inability to coördinate voluntary movements. Also <internalXref urlencoded="ataxy">ataxy</internalXref>.
- Disorder; irregularity.
- Irregularity in disease, or in the functions.
- The state of disorder that characterizes nervous fevers and the nervous condition.
- Loss of coordination in the voluntary muscles, especially the limbs; an inability to coordinate voluntary muscle movements; it results in unsteady movements and a staggering gait. See also locomotor ataxia, an <ex>ataxia</ex> which occurs when attempting to perform coordinated muscular movements.
- See <er>Locomotor</er>.
- Lack of <xref>coordination</xref> while performing <xref>voluntary</xref> <xref>movements</xref>, which may appear to be <xref>clumsiness</xref>, <xref>inaccuracy</xref>, or <xref>instability</xref>.
- inability to coordinate voluntary muscle movements; unsteady movements and staggering gait