- To reduce to or separate into atoms.
- To reduce to tiny particles or a fine spray.
- To break into small fragments.
- To subject to bombardment with atomic weapons.
- To speculate respecting atoms. <em>Cudworth.</em>
- To reduce to atoms; reduce to very small particles, as a liquid; spray.
- Also spelled <internalXref urlencoded="atomise">atomise</internalXref>.
- To reduce to atoms, or to fine spray.
- to separate into <xref>atoms</xref>
- to make into a fine <xref>spray</xref>
- to <xref>fragment</xref> (can be used metaphorically)
- to <xref>bomb</xref> with <xref>nuclear weapons</xref>
- break up into small particles
- spray very finely
- strike at with firepower or bombs