- Growth resulting from increase in cell size without cell division.
- In <em>botany</em>, the method of increase in size of the valves of diatoms.
- In <em>rhetoric</em>, amplification; exaggeration; hyperbole; the use of a more unusual and high-sounding word for the ordinary and proper word.
- In <em>mathematics</em>, the ratio in which the element of a figure has to be magnified to make it conform to the corresponding element of a conformable figure.
- A figure by which a grave and magnificent word is put for the proper word; amplification; hyperbole.
- Extreme <xref>hyperbole</xref>.
- Arranging words or clauses in a sequence of increasing force.
- <xref>Amplification</xref> in any form.
- The <xref>growth</xref> of an organism without <xref>cell</xref> <xref>division</xref>
- growth from increase in cell size without cell division