- The upper angle between a lateral organ, such as a leaf, and the stem that bears it.
- The armpit, or axilla (which see).
- In <em>botany</em>, the angle formed between the upper side of a leaf and the stem or branch to which it is attached; in cryptogams, the angle formed by the branching of a frond.
- The angle or point of divergence between the upper side of a branch, leaf, or petiole, and the stem or branch from which it springs.
- The <xref>angle</xref> or point of <xref>divergence</xref> between the upper side of a <xref>branch</xref>, <xref>leaf</xref>, or <xref>petiole</xref>, and the stem or branch from which it springs.
- the upper angle between an axis and an offshoot such as a branch or leafstalk