- The armpit.
- A body part analogous to the armpit, such as the hollow under a bird's wing.
- In <em>botany</em>, same as <internalXref urlencoded="axil">axil</internalXref>, 2.
- In <em>anatomy</em>, the armpit; a region of the body in the recess between the upper arm (or in birds the upper part of the wing) and the side of the chest beneath the shoulder.
- The armpit, or the cavity beneath the junction of the arm and shoulder.
- An axil.
- The <xref>armpit</xref>, or the <xref>cavity</xref> beneath the junction of the <xref>arm</xref> and <xref>shoulder</xref>.
- Alternative form of <xref>axil</xref>.
- the hollow under the arm where it is joined to the shoulder