- One of the feathers in the axilla of a bird's wing.
- Same as <internalXref urlencoded="axillary">axillary</internalXref>.
- In <em>ornithology</em>, one of the under wing-coverts of a bird, growing from the axilla or armpit, and distinguished from the under coverts in general by being the innermost feathers lining the wing, lying close to the body, and almost always longer, stiffer, and narrower than the rest. Commonly used in the plural.
- Of or pertaining to the <xref>axilla</xref> or <xref>armpit</xref>; as, axillary <xref>lymph node</xref>, <xref>artery</xref>, or <xref>nerve</xref>.
- Alternative form of <xref>axillary</xref>.
- <xref>Feathers</xref> connecting the under surface of the <xref>wing</xref> and the <xref>body</xref>, and concealed by the closed wing.