- Any of various shrubs of the genus <em>Rhododendron</em> in the heath family, having showy, variously colored flowers.
- <em>Azalea arborescens</em>, a species growing in the Alleghanies, forming a small tree and bearing innumerable white and pink spicy-scented flowers.
- A genus of ericaceous plants, now referred to <em>Rhododendron.</em>
- [<em>lowercase</em>] A plant or flower belonging to this genus. See <internalXref urlencoded="Rhododendron">Rhododendron</internalXref>.
- [<em>lowercase</em>] A name of a species of plants of the genus <em>Loiseleuria</em>, the Alpine azalea
- A genus of showy flowering shrubs, mostly natives of China or of North America; false honeysuckle. The genus is scarcely distinct from Rhododendron.
- A <xref>plant</xref> of the obsolete <xref>genus</xref> <xref>Azalea</xref>.
- any of numerous ornamental shrubs grown for their showy flowers of various colors