- To deceive or dupe; hoodwink. <i>synonym</i>: <strong> deceive</strong>.
- To confuse; bewilder.
- To hoax; deceive; trick; impose upon.
- To perplex; mystify.
- To use trickery; practise cheating.
- To deceive by trickery; to cajole by confusing the senses; to hoax; to mystify; to humbug.
- To <xref>con</xref>, <xref>defraud</xref>, <xref>trick</xref>, to make a <xref>fool</xref> of, to <xref>humbug</xref> or <xref>impose</xref> on <xref>someone</xref>.
- conceal one's true motives from especially by elaborately feigning good intentions so as to gain an end