- A woman's close-fitting bodice.
- One of a race of unknown origin inhabiting the Basque provinces and other parts of Spain in the neighborhood of the Pyrenees, and part of the department of Basses-Pyrénées, France.
- The language of the Basques, supposed to represent the tongue of the ancient Iberians, the primitive inhabitants of Spain.
- Pertaining to the Basques or their language.
- The short skirt of the body-garment worn by both sexes.
- A kind of short-skirted jacket worn by women, forming the upper part of a dress: probably so called because it was worn by the Basques.
- A dish of minced mutton, mixed with bread-crumbs, eggs, etc., seasoned and baked.
- Pertaining to Biscay, its people, or their language.
- One of a race, of unknown origin, inhabiting a region on the Bay of Biscay in Spain and France.
- The language spoken by the Basque people.
- A part of a lady's dress, resembling a jacket with a short skirt; -- probably so called because this fashion of dress came from the <ex>Basques</ex>.
- The part of a waistcoat etc. extending below the waist.
- A woman's close-fitting <xref>bodice</xref> having such a feature; a <xref>corset</xref>.
- the language of the Basque people; of no known relation to any other language
- a member of a people of unknown origin living in the western Pyrenees in France and Spain