- Pertaining to or obtained from benzoin.
- Pertaining to, or obtained from, benzoin.
- a peculiar vegetable acid, C6H5.CO2H, obtained from benzoin, and some other balsams, by sublimation or decoction. It is also found in the urine of infants and herbivorous animals. It crystallizes in the form of white, satiny flakes; its odor is aromatic; its taste is pungent, and somewhat acidulous.
- oil of bitter almonds; the aldehyde, C6H5.CHO, intermediate in composition between benzoic or benzyl alcohol, and benzoic acid. It is a thin colorless liquid.
- Pertaining to, or obtained from, <xref>benzoin</xref>.
- Derived from <xref>benzoic acid</xref> or its <xref>derivatives</xref>.
- containing or derived from benzoic acid or benzoin