- The univalent organic group C<sub>6</sub>H<sub>5</sub>CH<sub>2</sub>−, derived from toluene.
- An organic radical (C<sub>6</sub>H<sub>5</sub>CH<sub>2</sub>) which does not exist in the free state, but in combination forms a considerable number of compounds.
- A compound radical, C6H5.CH2, related to toluene and benzoic acid; -- commonly used adjectively.
- The <xref>univalent</xref> <xref>radical</xref> C6H5-CH2- related to <xref>toluene</xref> and <xref>benzoic</xref> acid
- the univalent radical derived from toluene