- (<em>betwixt and between</em>) In an intermediate position; neither wholly one thing nor another.
- Between; in the space that separates; in intermediate relation to as regards time, quantity, or degree; passing between; from one to another, etc., in most of the uses of <em>between</em> (which see).
- <strong>Synonyms</strong> See comparison under <em>among.</em>
- Between, in either space or time.
- In the space which separates; between.
- From one to another of; mutually affecting.
- in a midway position; so-so; neither one thing nor the other.
- <xref>Between</xref>, specifically between two objects.
- in the interval