- Of or relating to the fourth degree.
- An algebraic equation of the fourth degree.
- Containing or referring to a fourth power, or the square of a square; quartic.
- In <em>mathematics</em>, the fourth power, arising from the multiplication of a square number or quantity by itself.
- Of or pertaining to the biquadrate, or fourth power.
- an equation of the fourth degree, or an equation in some term of which the unknown quantity is raised to the fourth power.
- the square root of the square root of that number. Thus the square root of 81 is 9, and the square root of 9 is 3, which is the <ex>biquadratic</ex> root of 81. Hutton.
- A biquadrate.
- A biquadratic equation.
- Of a <xref>polynomial</xref> expression, involving only the second and fourth powers of a variable, as x4 + 3x2 + 2. Sometimes extended to any expression involving the fourth power of variable (but no higher powers), as x4 − 4x3 + 3x2 − x + 1.
- A biquadratic <xref>equation</xref>.
- an equation of the fourth degree
- of or relating to the fourth power
- an algebraic equation of the fourth degree
- a polynomial of the fourth degree