- A violent snowstorm with winds blowing at a minimum speed of 35 miles (56 kilometers) per hour and visibility of less than one-quarter mile (400 meters) for three hours.
- A very heavy snowstorm with high winds.
- A torrent; a superabundance.
- A general discharge of guns; a rattling volley; a general “blazing away.” See extract.
- Hence—2. Figuratively, a volley; a sudden (oratorical) attack; an overwhelming retort.
- 3. A gale or hurricane accompanied by intense cold and dry, driving snow, common in winter on the great plains of the States and Territories of the northwestern United States east of the Rocky Mountains, especially Dakota, and in Manitoba in British America.
- A gale of piercingly cold wind, usually accompanied with fine and blinding snow; a furious blast.
- A severe snowstorm, especially with strong winds and greatly reduced visibility.
- A large amount of paperwork.
- A large number of similar things, such as a blizzard of political ads.
- To fall in windy conditions
- a storm with widespread snowfall accompanied by strong winds
- a series of unexpected and unpleasant occurrences