- To collect plants for scientific study.
- To investigate or study plants scientifically.
- To investigate or explore the plant life of (a region).
- To examine or seek for plants for the purpose of studying and classifying them, etc.; investigate the vegetable kingdom as a botanist.
- To explore botanically: as, to <internalXref urlencoded="botanize">botanize</internalXref> a neighborhood.
- Also spelled <internalXref urlencoded="botanise">botanise</internalXref>.
- To seek after plants for botanical investigation; to study plants.
- To explore for botanical purposes.
- To do the work of a <xref>botanist</xref>; as to inventory the plant life in an area.
- collect and study plants