- A disease of sheep characterized by inflammation of the bowels and retention of the urine: also called <internalXref urlencoded="the%20sickness">the sickness</internalXref> in some parts of Scotland. The name is also given to a variety of other diseases of sheep.
- A sheep having the braxy; hence, the mutton of such a sheep.
- Affected or tainted with braxy: as, <em>braxy</em> sheep; <em>braxy</em> mutton. Also spelled <internalXref urlencoded="braksy">braksy</internalXref>.
- A disease of sheep. The term is variously applied in different localities.
- A diseased sheep, or its mutton.
- an inflammatory disease of sheep
- sheep that have died a natural death
- meat from sheep that have died from this disease
- sick with braxy