- To make of or decorate with brass.
- To make hard like brass.
- To solder (two pieces of metal) together using a hard solder with a high melting point.
- See <internalXref urlencoded="braize">braize</internalXref>, 2.
- To cover or ornament with brass, or as if with brass: as, “a tripod richly <em>brazed,” Chapman</em>, Odyssey, xv.
- To solder, especially with hard solder, such as an alloy of brass and zinc.
- To harden; make callous.
- To solder with hard solder, esp. with an alloy of copper and zinc.
- To harden.
- To cover or ornament with brass.
- To join two metal pieces, without melting them, using heat and diffusion of a jointing alloy of capillary thickness.
- To <xref>burn</xref> or <xref>temper</xref> in fire.
- solder together by using hard solder with a high melting point