- Weight loss, wasting of muscle, loss of appetite, and general debility that can occur during a chronic disease.
- Same as <internalXref urlencoded="cachexy">cachexy</internalXref>.
- A condition of ill health and impairment of nutrition due to impoverishment of the blood, esp. when caused by a specific morbid process (as cancer or tubercle).
- A systemic <xref>wasting</xref> of muscle <xref>tissue</xref>, with or without loss of fat mass, that accompanies a <xref>chronic</xref> <xref>disease</xref>
- any general reduction in vitality and strength of body and mind resulting from a debilitating chronic disease