- To persuade by flattery, gentle pleading, or insincere language.
- To elicit or obtain by flattery, gentle pleading, or insincere language.
- To use flattery, pleading, or insincere language in an attempt to persuade someone to do something.
- To deceive or delude by flattery, specious promises, simulated compliance with another's wishes, and the like; wheedle; coax.
- To deceive with flattery or fair words; to wheedle.
- To <xref>persuade</xref> someone to do something which they are <xref>reluctant</xref> to do, often by <xref>flattery</xref>; to <xref>coax</xref>.
- influence or urge by gentle urging, caressing, or flattering