- To make a loan translation from (a word in another language).
- See <internalXref urlencoded="calk">calk</internalXref>.
- See 2d <xref urlencoded="calk">calk</xref>, v. t.
- A word or phrase in a language formed by <xref>word-for-word</xref> or <xref>morpheme</xref>-by-morpheme <xref>translation</xref> of a word in another language.
- To <xref>adopt</xref> (a word or phrase) from one language to another by <xref>semantic</xref> <xref>translation</xref> of its parts.
- an expression introduced into one language by translating it from another language