- To furnish with or convert into a canal or canals.
- To provide an outlet for; channel.
- To form a channel or canal.
- To make a canal through; provide with a canal or canals.
- To convert into a canal: as, to <internalXref urlencoded="canalize">canalize</internalXref> a river.
- Also spelled <internalXref urlencoded="canalise">canalise</internalXref>.
- to provide with a canal, as of a city.
- to to direct the flow of; -- also used abstractly, as of money or information.
- Alternative spelling of <xref>canalise</xref>.
- provide (a city) with a canal
- direct the flow of