- To declare (a deceased person) to be a saint and entitled to be fully honored as such.
- To include in the biblical canon.
- To include in a literary canon.
- To approve as being within canon law.
- To treat as sacred; glorify.
- To enroll officially in the canon or catalogue of the saints; declare to be a saint; regard as a saint. See <internalXref urlencoded="canonization">canonization</internalXref>.
- To admit into the canon, as of Scripture.
- To embody in canons.
- Also spelled <internalXref urlencoded="canonise">canonise</internalXref>.
- To declare (a deceased person) a saint; to put in the catalogue of saints.
- To glorify; to exalt to the highest honor.
- To rate as inspired; to include in the canon.
- To establish as a formal, standard rule.
- To declare (a person) as a <xref>saint</xref>.
- To <xref>glorify</xref>; to <xref>exalt</xref> to the highest honour.
- treat as a sacred person
- declare (a dead person) to be a saint