- A decorated platform or framework on which a coffin rests in state during a funeral.
- A coffin-shaped structure draped with a pall, used to represent the corpse at a Requiem Mass celebrated after the burial.
- A stage or scaffolding, erected usually in the nave of a church, to support a coffin on the occasion of a ceremonious funeral.
- A temporary structure sometimes used in the funeral solemnities of eminent persons, for the public exhibition of the remains, or their conveyance to the place of burial.
- A <xref>platform</xref> used to <xref>display</xref> or <xref>convey</xref> a <xref>coffin</xref> during a <xref>funeral</xref>, often <xref>ornate</xref>.
- a decorated bier on which a coffin rests in state during a funeral