- To modify, especially to increase, the rate of (a chemical reaction) by catalysis.
- To bring about; initiate.
- To produce fundamental change in; transform.
- In <em>physical chemistry</em>, to act upon by catalysis: said of a substance which accelerates a chemical reaction while it is itself left unchanged at the end of the reaction.
- to cause (a chemical reaction) to proceed more quickly by contacting the reactant(s) with another substance.
- To bring about the <xref>catalysis</xref> of a <xref>chemical</xref> <xref>reaction</xref>.
- To <xref>accelerate</xref> a <xref>process</xref>.
- To <xref>inspire</xref> <xref>significantly</xref> by <xref>catalysis</xref>.
- change by catalysis or cause to catalyze