- A neck-shaped anatomical structure, such as the narrow outer end of the uterus.
- The neck.
- In <em>zoology</em> and <em>anatomy</em>:
- The neck; the constricted part of the body between the head and the chest.
- The back of the neck; the scruff of the neck, regarded either as to its surface or its deep parts.
- That part of a rib which is situated between its head and shoulder; the neck of a rib, between the capitellum and the tuberculum.
- In <em>entomology</em>, the upper part of the occiput or back of the head, over the occipital foramen, and adjoining the vertex.
- Part of an organ likened to a neck: as, the <em>cervix</em> of the womb or bladder.
- In <em>botany</em>, a rhizome or rootstock.
- The neck; also, the necklike portion of any part, as of the womb. See <ex>Illust.</ex> of <xref urlencoded="bird">bird</xref>.
- The <xref>neck</xref>
- The <xref>necklike</xref> portion of any part, as of the <xref>womb</xref>.
- The lower, narrow portion of the <xref>uterus</xref> where it joins with the top end of the <xref>vagina</xref>.
- necklike opening to the uterus
- the part of an organism (human or animal) that connects the head to the rest of the body