- An insect of the genus <em>Cimex,</em> which includes the bedbugs.
- Pl. <em>cimices</em> (sim′ i-sēz). A bug, as a bedbug.
- [<em>capitalized</em>] A genus of heteropterous hemipterous insects, typical of the family <em>Cimicidæ. Cimex lectularius</em> is the bedbug. See <internalXref urlencoded="bug">bug</internalXref>, 2.
- A genus of hemipterous insects of which the bedbug is the best known example. See <xref urlencoded="bedbug">bedbug</xref>.
- Any member of the <xref>genus</xref> Cimex, especially the <xref>bedbug</xref>.
- type genus of the Cimicidae: bedbugs