- Any of various herbs or shrubs chiefly of the genus <em>Potentilla</em> of the rose family, native to northern temperate regions and having yellow or sometimes white or red flowers and compound leaves that in some species bear five leaflets.
- A design having five sides composed of converging arcs, usually used as a frame for glass or a panel.
- An ornament in the Pointed style of architecture, consisting of five cuspidated divisions. This form is frequently introduced in circular windows, bosses, rosettes, etc. See <internalXref urlencoded="foil">foil</internalXref>.
- The common name of several species of plants of the genus <em>Potentilla</em>, from their quinate leaves. Also called <internalXref urlencoded="five-finger">five-finger</internalXref>. See <internalXref urlencoded="Potentilla">Potentilla</internalXref>.
- In <em>heraldry</em>, a five-leafed clover, used as a bearing.
- Also spelled <internalXref urlencoded="cinqfoil">cinqfoil</internalXref>.
- The name of several different species of the genus Potentilla; -- also called <altname>five-finger</altname>, because of the resemblance of its leaves to the fingers of the hand.
- An ornamental foliation having five points or cups, used in windows, panels, etc.
- the <spn>Potentilla palustris</spn>, a plant with purple flowers which grows in fresh-water marshes.
- <xref>potentilla</xref> (flower)
- A stylized <xref>flower</xref> or <xref>leaf</xref> with <xref>five</xref> <xref>lobes</xref>.
- A particular <xref>knot</xref> of five <xref>crossings</xref>.
- an ornamental carving consisting of five arcs arranged in a circle
- any of a numerous plants grown for their five-petaled flowers; abundant in temperate regions; alleged to have medicinal properties