- A steep bowl-shaped hollow occurring at the upper end of a mountain valley, especially one forming the head of a glacier or stream.
- A ring; a circle.
- A circus.
- A circle; specifically, a circle regarded as inclosing any space or surrounding any object or group of objects.
- Same as <internalXref urlencoded="comb">comb</internalXref>.
- A circle; a circus; a circular erection or arrangement of objects.
- A kind of circular valley in the side of a mountain, walled around by precipices of great height.
- A curved <xref>depression</xref> in a <xref>mountainside</xref> with steep walls, forming the end of a <xref>valley</xref>.
- a steep-walled semicircular basin in a mountain; may contain a lake