- Characteristic of or appropriate to the spoken language or to writing that seeks the effect of speech; informal.
- Relating to conversation; conversational.
- Pertaining to conversation; conversational.
- Peculiar or appropriate to the language of common or familiar conversation; belonging to ordinary, every-day speech: often especially applied to common words and phrases which are not admissible in elegant or formal speech.
- Pertaining to, or used in, conversation, esp. common and familiar conversation; conversational; hence, unstudied; informal.
- Denoting a manner of speaking or writing that is characteristic of <xref>familiar</xref> conversation; <xref>informal</xref>.
- Of or pertaining to a <xref>conversation</xref>; <xref>conversational</xref> or <xref>chatty</xref>.
- characteristic of informal spoken language or conversation