- Colloquial style or quality.
- A colloquial expression.
- Colloquial style, quality, or usage: as, “a transcript of the <em>colloquialism</em> of the day,”
- A word or phrase peculiar to the language of common or familiar conversation.
- A colloquial expression, not employed in formal discourse or writing.
- A <xref>colloquial</xref> word or phrase; a common spoken expression, often regional.
- a colloquial expression; characteristic of spoken or written communication that seeks to imitate informal speech