- A conversation, especially a formal one.
- A written dialogue.
- A conversation; especially, a conversation which is of the nature of a discussion or conference.
- Mutual discourse of two or more persons; conference; conversation.
- In some American colleges, a part in exhibitions, assigned for a certain scholarship rank; a designation of rank in collegiate scholarship.
- A discussion during a <xref>trial</xref> in which a judge ensures that the <xref>defendant</xref> understands what is taking place in the trial and what their rights are.
- formal conversation
- a conversation especially a formal one